Re: Tapping tempo --> MIDI Clock

At 12:24 PM 2/6/97 -0800, you wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Kim Flint wrote:
>
>> wow, a cyclone user! When I was at Gibson no one really knew what this
>> thing did, but people were still buying it every now and then. I
>remember
>> being at trade shows and meeting fanatical cyclone users. You thought
>> looping was a niche.....
>
>Can somebody give us a thumbnail description of what the cyclone does?
>Any relation to the Vortex?  ;-]
>
>--Andre

It's a midi arpeggiator. Comes in a cheap plastic box, and has a
notoriously
difficult user interface with about 4 buttons and a few red leds. From what
I understand, once you figure out how to program it, nothing compares to
its
arpegiating power. It's been out since the late 80's, I think.

Since the Vortex does audio and no midi, and the Cyclone does midi and no
audio, you probably need a Buchla Lightning to use them together...;-)

kim

Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
VLSI Systems Engineering        kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research