A Jamthing, Vortex, and 'plex free post!

De-lurking at last. Greetings to all.

First a bit of humour:

Kem McNair wrote:
P.s. I'll contact ray peck about the killer loops for the cd

Yeah, I saw these in an opticians recently, made by Bausch & Lomb. What
are
they? ;-] ;-]
(No, seriously, I did see them. They are in a small black box with a label
on the side that says "KILLER LOOP". I don't wear glasses, and the shop is
always closed - I'm coming home at 02:00 after doing a radio show, so I
have
no idea. Does anybody know what these are? Maybe I could find out if not.)

Now on to serious stuff. I have been "looping" for nigh on twenty years
now,
on and off, using the old two open-reel method (ala Frippertronics except
use Tandbergs and do not have the luxury of speed control, but it still
works most times). Input sounds are anything that will make a noise,
although electronics are best because they don't require mic's. Anyone
else
out there still in the stone age?:-)

I noticed on the web page that there is a list of loopers and info about
them, but can't see any way of contributing to it. Is there a special
requirement, or am I just missing something? I have an album (vinyl), put
out just over ten years ago which contains two tape-delay pieces - one
using
Mini-Moog, the other with electric guitar. Do people on the list use it to
trade product? This would seem to be an obvious application, and is
something I am attempting to set up for Elephant Talk, the King Crimson
etc.
website and forum. So please enlighten me!

HAPPY LOOPING!   happy looping!  happy ...........

Jim Bailey