Re: repopulate the species

Kim writes:

>Maybe you should keep holding the guitar and tell Bryan to tend the new
>generation?
>
>Better yet, let someone else do the baby-making, and we'll just park our
>vans near the local elementary school, dangling jammans from the window
>saying "C'mere kiddies, want to try a weird hobby?"

Not to go into hype mode, but I have to share a secret about my
forthcoming CD
(mixing later this week at Torn's...): On one track, there are three
different
guitar parts comprising the piece which were done completely independendt
of
each other. Put them together and you get sheer hell! V. cool, IMO.
Anyway, the
point is the fourth soundsource is my (at the time) newborn son. At a
coupla
weeks, he was a very vocal child, and there was nothing we could do to
console
him when he'd get going. You just have to wait it out. One night, he began
his
wailing at about 10:30 and I could tell that April (my wife) really needed
break. So I brought Harrison (vocal meister in question) downstairs and
threw a
coupla mikes up to record him. Later (several months) I processed/looped
his
vocalizing, and the results are audible on this track.

Anyway, Sarajane: not all loopers leave the tending of their children to
the
more capable gender--some of us actually enjoy the time we get to spend
with our
young offspring. Even if it means less loopage. As a father of two and
uncle of
11, I can tell you that the next generation is no better prepared for
loopage
than this one. Suffice it to say that all my nephews and neices can agree
on one
thing: "Uncle Jon, you're *so* weird!!!" Yeah, I know. Isn't it great?