Re: music just for musicians?

ghogan@lexicon.com wrote:

>We have sold around 8000 JAMMEN as opposed to maybe 5000 each of the M300
>and M480L. Low end products require a lower margin(earned dollars) then
>higher end products thus a higher volume is required for a product to be
>deemed successful.

neato says:
there is however a big difference...reverb processing machines are a known
entity...the jamman was basically a new concept all together...it takes
time to promote an entirely new idea...the problem is the original jamman
is/was already obsolete...perhaps lexicon is just not the company to break
them (as their strength was never really catering to a low end market)...a
bigger better (ie more expensive) jamman perhaps...but a low(er) cost
looper might have to fall into the hands of alesis,peavey or digitech..or
maybe even as a piece of computer software
 cheers

                                     all my mistakes were once acts of
genius
                                                       neato@pipeline com