Re: creative isolation

Matthias:
>I was not looking for tabula rasa either. The blues licks did not
>disapear,
>but started to sound different in the new surrounding.

I love it when I start to hear out-of-context licks appear in my playing,
like putting renaissamce recorder peices over blues.

>I changed a lot in the portugese ambient.

On the slightly different subject of Brazillian Ambient music, Dr. Eduardo
Miranda played ("diffused") here a couple of months ago.  I didn't really
connect to the music though - there was nothing to get hold of, just
random-sounding noises.

>I started to understand things
>german speaking people are not aware off. Usually there is no word in
>german for those things. Now, I do not know whether there is no word
>because they were not interested or whether people have not been able to
>become aware of a "thing" (rather emotions, concepts...) because there was
>no name for it.

It's often said that language is the philosophy of the people who speak it
(or so I'm told).  My wife, a linguist, often talks to me of this.

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb