Re: JamMan Rumors (attempt 2!)

Michael writes:

>I think we have enough talent here to build the ultimate looper.  I mean
>>we
have the Plex design team, the JamMan marketer, contacts with all the
>major
players (I mean all you "I demonstrated to Robert Fripp" types) and >an
exact
idea of what the box should do (since we all use them).  All we >need is
to know
whether there exists a market for such a box (or whether >it's viable to
build
one for the few we know that want 'em - like everyone
>here..) and how much of a commitment we need from the contributors.  I'm
>sure there are a few here who'd get involved.  Any takers?

It's funny; I've been kicking the idea around in my head for a while.
Given my
present state of trying to build a record label, it's impossible for me to
consider getting actively involved in (another) start-up venture. On the
other
hand, I'd really want to be involved.

The big issue is: is there a market out there? So far the returns on
Jam/Plex
etc have indicated not. If someone asked me if I'd be involved in a
company that
made *only* looping devices, I'd say no. Too risky. But a new
effect/processing
company with a little bit of creative vision *is* a real option. Consider
how
many people hate Digitech/Alesis/etc but still buy the stuff anyway. Well,
what
if someone new came in and answered the issues, made the right products at
the
right prices. Thought about the user for a change. Hmmm....