Re: Go get NAMMed!

Ted brought up a good wave:

>Oberheim Plex's future might possibly be seen by some
>to be somewhat cloudy as well, what does this say to us about the extent
>of
>support for looping devices (as a concept) in the music
>industry/marketplace?
>To say the least, things do not look particularly bright.

True anyway.
I do not want to promise anything yet, but it looks to me like the Oberheim
clouds are getting dissolved!

>I, and a couple of others of you in the SoCal area that I have talked to
>privtely, happen to be going to the Winter NAMM show in Anaheim in a
>couple
>of weeks. I would sincerely encourage any of the rest of you who might
>possibly have access to a ticket (through a friend at a music store or
>some
>other source) not to pass up any chance to attend.

Nice idea. Bring some tape prooves of loop works. We should try to finish
the sampler CD till then. (shit, still did not manage to burn and send my
part!)

>All of "big cheeses" and their "marketing people" will be there. This is a
>show that is almost as much about finding out about what people wanna buy
>as
>it is about trying to sell what's already been manufactured (at least the
>smarter companies are that way).

Very true. If only 100 people come up and say they want to loop, this can
change a company plan!

Matthias