re:Re[2]: Vortex Applications Notes

You guys got to me with all of this Vortex talk.  Reading about an effect
that
is so unusual that most people can't grasp what it is, that those who have
it say it will take years to _reach the bottom_ of it's capabilities, that
is selling for 30% of list price, I couldn't miss this.  Sound unheard, I
ordered a Vortex from Guitar Center.  Is the Vortex going to be the
Electro Harmonix 16 second digital delay of the 90's?
Jon wrote:
 The envelope control was a big part of that, as well as
pedal control.

What is the pedal?  Is this included or do I provide it?  Is there
anything else I should add to the Vortex to make it more useful?

regards,
bret