Re: Jam Man Odd Time / Plexs MIDI

Ed asked
>>>( Cue Loops,etc.)
>Let's say you've recorded 4 loops in the Jam Man and are playing them back
>for soloing over them or to use as different sections of a piece , if you
>wanted to jump from loop 1 straight to loop 4 , you can just send the
>proper MIDI program change number and it will happen, whereas if you were
>using the footswitches, you would have to tap and scroll in order from
>loop
>1 thru loops 2 and 3  to get to loop 4. It's very distracting to have to
>do
>this and it's very easy to overshoot and go past where you wanted to stop
>,
>in which case you'd have to scroll thru again and stop on loop 4. Also,
>any
>recent news about the 'Plex upgrade ?

Yes, sure, I should have sent you this plan right away. It shows you the 4
states of the ControlSource parameters and the possibilities to control
through MIDI.

ControlSource = OFF:
        Notes                       ignored
        Controllers             ignored
        ProgramCh               parameter sets

ControlSource = not:
        Notes                     functions and switch loops
        Controllers             volume / feedback
        ProgramCh               parameter sets, switch loops

ControlSource = Cnt.:
        Notes                      switch loops
        Controllers             functions / volume / feedback
        ProgramCh               parameter sets, switch loops

ControlSource = Pro:
        Notes                    switch loops
        Controllers           volume / feedback
        ProgramCh            functions, parameter sets, switch loops

The present soft is without ProgramCh. In the update its working.
"switch loops" it what you called "cue", which might be a better name...
Kim?

The functions are in a fixed sequence, but you can control the start of
this sequence with  the Source # parameter.
Parameter sets are allways ProgramCh 1...4
Volume and Feedback controller # can be chosen independently.

>Digital Music's Ground Control has inputs for 2 expression pedals and can
>send continuous controller messages programmable per patch , is this what
>you are talking about ?

Yes. So far the keys need to be programmable to send ControlChanges which
only the more sophisticated ones are.

>Matthias, what switching system/footswitches etc., do you use for your
>'Plex ?

For the LOOP delay we used italian footswitches: Square aluminum base,
connectable, plastic lever. Roland has similar ones. Instead of the
original switches we built short throw keys into them and modified the
lever for a short action, too. So it perfect for taping. I connect those
switches to a pedal board. It ends up more expensive and a bit bigger and a
lot better.

If more people are interested, we could order 100 in italy, someone could
mount them with my support and sell them to the interested. Selling them
for 30, you can earn something. For those who need all 7 switches, this
might be too expensive.
Another option would be to buy only the plastic parts (really cheap!) and
form a one piece board to install 7 of them.
Another option is to order them at PARADIS, but I am not shure whether Rolf
has parts and energy to still make them. Fax=phone=011 41 52 233 34 43