Loopers invade _Guitar Player_

Hiya!

There's a lot of loop content in the current issue of _Guitar Player_
magazine (the 30th anniversary issue).  Their feature on "The 30 Most
Radical Players" includes quite a few loopists, both well-known (Torn and
Frissel) and obscure (so much so that I don't recall their names off the
top of my head).  There's also a section where the magazine does a
retrospective of the most significant gear of each ot the last four
decades, and lo and behold, the JamMan and Oberheim Echoplex get mentions
in the '90s section.  (Though I recall them making a rather strange
analogy with it -- something to the effect of, "In the '70s jazzers had
fusion, and in the '90s they have looping," going on to claim that
real-time loopers are staples of acid-jazz musicians.  ?!?!)

More, there's a private lesson with Leni Stern.  which turns out to be an
overdub-by-overdub looping clinic, as well as one with Fripp wherein he
details *three* alternate tunings, including one for *seven string*
guitar.  (Is this news to you people too, or have I been living under a
rock all these years?) And in less loop-oriented coverage, my mentor (and
frequent Torn collaborator) Miroslav Tadic receives some long-overdue
coverage in the "Dirty Thirty" article.

Do check it out!

--Andre