who controls the mix of the loops?

RA336 said:

>Best thing to do though is have your own
>sound man, as a house guy who is unfamiliar with your act will have nary a
>clue as to what sound is coming from where...
>we fooled many

This is a serious question, maybe another subject for the Hints.
I guess you have the loopers with you on stage. So each player does his own
mix. And the technician can fix the result?
Or does each loop have a separate line to the desk?
And the monitoring?

Did anyone try to leave the looper at the mixing desk, use it for several
instruments with aux sends?
We could operate it through a mic line, each musician having a pedal board.
But the sound man would have to know which sends he has to open when how
much. Not simple.
Another way would be to mix on stage, maybe one of the musicians would play
less and care for this (with headphones maybe) and send the mix in two
lines.

Any experiences or sugestions?