greetings

This is another of those first posts from a looper who is very pleased to
have
found this list. Hopefully, I'll be able to add some useful info.

So, here comes the "this is what he does" part of the post:

I've been fascinated with the work of Fripp and Eno since the late
seventies
(much to the annoyance of some friends). My first looping experiments were
with a SE-50 which gave me about a second or so of delay. These first
attempts
were, by their nature very rhythmic and simple, but I learned a lot.
Approx.
three years ago or so, I broke down and bought a jamman, which I have
since
upgraded to 32 second loops. I feed heavily processed chapman stick and
synth
sounds into the loops and I have been very pleased with the results. A
couple
of months ago, I purchased a H3000-d/sx (hi Jonathan), which I am trying
get the sample upgrade added to. At the moment, I use the h3000 to further
mangle the sounds before feeding them into the jamman.

I play a chapman stick (10 string) to which I have added a gk2a pickup
driving
a gr09. The melody end of the stick is fed through an art sgx2000 express.
The
bass end if fed through a vortex. My mixer then feeds these sounds through
the
h3000, and the results are fed into the jamman. I am fairly pleased with
this
setup, and have used it to create solo loops, and as underlying textures
with
other musicians.

so, there you have it. thanks for reading.

Pete Gilbert