[Fwd: Recombinant 96 (Live Events from Asphodel Records)]

Hey, I came across this in a newsgroup, and thought Bay Area Loopers may be
interested. If I wasn't in the middle of a work crunch right now, I'd be
pretty tempted to check this out myself...

>+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>
>                  Asphodel Records Presents
>
>                       RECOMBINANT '96
>
>           A Convergence of Audio/Visual Mixology
>
>     --->                                   VISIT
><----
>     ---> http://www.sombient.com/stc/recombinant/ <----
>     --->                       FOR MORE INFO              <----
>
>+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>
>        RECOMBINANT is an unusual live exploration of audio/visual
>resynthesis and abstrakt mood sculpture illustrating the next
>step in mixology through a "summit-style" DJ convergence.
>Central to RECOMBINANT's aesthetic is the 3-D spatialization
>of SOUND TRAFFIC CONTROL. RECOMBINANT will be presented on the
>west coast this fall, with more North American shows to follow
>next year. In addition, the offspring event RECON will emerge
>in future months, bringing distilled sub-particles from the
>RECOMBINANT organism to a basement or speakeasy near you.
>
>                                   ------===------
>                                      SHOW DATES
>                                   ------===------
>
>                         ****** LOS ANGELES, CA ******
>
>                                 Saturday, November 9, 1996
>                   American Legion Hall, 2035 N. Highland
>                                    Hollywood CA
>                     Info: 213.486.4536
>            All ages - $15 - 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
>
>                                         Featuring:
>                 The ILLbient Abstrakt wave posse from NYC:
>                   DJ Spooky that subliminal kid, Sub Dub
>                     We (DJ Olive, Loop, Once11),  Byzar
>            futuresteppin' visualistics - from Austria
>                                     Granular Synthesis
>                performing Motion Control MODELL5
>           (a radical subsonic hypermass media monument)
>                             Battle of the Turntables with
>                   The Invisible Scratch Pickles (SF)
>                  Q-Bert, Shortkut, & Mixmaster Mike
>                                                        vs.
>                           The X-Men (Brooklyn)
>                        Rob Swift,  Roc Raider,  & Mr. Sinister
>                                                   plus
>                        the Beat Junkies - Babu & Symphony (LA)
>  (Plus loads of special guests - Call for specific details)
>

>                 ****** SAN FRANCISCO, CA ******
>
>                  Monday _THRU_ Friday November 11-15, 1996
>        Club Townsend and King Street Garage, San Francisco
>                     Info: 415.522.7380
>                   All Shows 21+ with ID
>
>                         MONDAY 11/11
>             The Gardening Club/XLR8R/Black Diamond
>                   DJ DARKHORSE-FELIX THE DOG
>                CHARLES EDWARDS-PROFESSOR SMITH
>                             plus
>              JONAH SHARP of Spacetime Continuum
>            in an electronic hydroponic environment
>                        $5  -- 9:30 p.m.
>
>                                   TUESDAY 11/12
>                Fathom Records presents Dark Tribal Ambient from
>                             Kenneth Newby, Halcyon Days,
>                             Robert Rich and Steve Roach
>      plus: from the radical abstract to coctail concrete
>                      the premiere of RECON
>    SOMBIENT's Storm of Drones -- introducingThe Undertaker
>             rare live appearance by Insect Funeral
>       plus Hans Christian (cello) and  gothic symphonics
>                          $8 -- 7:30 pm

> [...]

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart