gear questions

1) what is a midi mitigator worth? I found one for $150... played with it
for
a while and decided that price wasn't worth it for me. also, what other
midi
foot controllers allow for channel change on the fly and controlling of
multiple midi units.
2) on the same note... does anyone know of any mods for the old yamaha
mfc-1
footcontrol unit? it does some nice simple things, but not enough access
and
only 2 banks. is there a yamaha mod site? or an engineer that knows how to
do
this? would this entail software rewrites? and chip burning?
3) any comments on alesis quadraverb 2.0? I used it in a performance next
an eventide H3000 and found the alesis to be quieter and warmer... not sure
why, but I was very surprised.
4) found one of the old 16second delays. floor unit with the sliders... guy
has $795 on it... I didn't ask if that was a joke.
5) anyone seen any TARA Seymour Duncan Acoustic amps? been looking for
those
with little luck.(hi ted)
6) any news from the vortex availability scene? guitar center still have
'em?
the few I've seen in stories are at retail prices(peak retail!)

thanks for your patience,
collier