Re: suggestions

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, Jay Taylor wrote:

> i'm a bock and blues guitarist who's been watching this list for a few
> weeks. i want to check out a few of the loop CD's considered excellent,
>the
> electric ladylands or sgt. peppers of looping, if you will. no big deal
>- i
> just need a few titles and names. thanks, jay

Try these on for size --

"No Pussyfooting" by Fripp and Eno (also available on "The Essential
Fripp and Eno," which includes all of "No Pussyfooting" plus several
other outtakes.)

"What Means Solid, Traveller?" and "Tripping Over God" by David Torn
(Good luck trying to find the first one).

Any of the solo Soundscape CDs by Fripp; I recommend "1999" or
"Radiophonics."  I'm not so enamored with "A Blessig of Tears" -- too
redundantly syrupy for my tastes.

These are all pretty "stock" examples, but these are probably the best
candidates for the loop counterparts to the aforementioned classics.

There are some other recomended recordings which were largely posted in
the first week of the list's existence; check the archive at the web site
for that.

Happy listening,

--Andre