re:Oberheim support change?

You echoplex users may be interested in what just occurred with me and
Oberheim.

As you may recall from my plea here for help, I had been in communication
with Mike Lyon at Oberheim to get hardware upgrade parts and rework
documentation for the Echoplex.  At first I appeared to be making
progress, then no response from him for 2 weeks.  I kept sending Emails,
and voice mails pleading for a response, then yesterday thought to copy
the Gibson Customers Service (relations@gibson.com).

A few hours later, Mike Lyon sends an Email saying he had been out of town
last week, but had most of the documents and parts together, the others
are on order, expect to ship them to me by the end of this week.

Then today I received a call from Kevin Philbin in Nashville with Oberheim
Sales and Service.  He says he was forwarded my Email asking what was
going on (Subject:  Is there anybody out there?).  I had also stated my
frustration when I got no response for 2 weeks.  He gave me his extension,
and said that  now if you call the Oberheim for support it will ring at
his desk.  I do have his extension:  1-800-444-2766 ext. 651.  His Email
is k.philbin@gibson.com

I don't know exactly what changed in how they are doing Oberheim customer
support, but they are appearing more responsive than they were in my
previous encounters.  It is nice to be able to call the guys desk, instead
of only reaching an answering service.

Is there a service manual for the Echoplex?

regards,
bret