The latest on the West Coast Summit

The current roster as I see it reads as follows:

Dave Trenkel (current holder of the long-distance award)
Sean Echevarria
Joe Cavaleri
Matt McCabe
Chris Chovit
Ted Killian
Tom Attix
Andre LaFosse
Dave @ 17
Doug Michael

At this point, I would have to emphatically push for a two-day event.  If
we average an hour set for each individual (plus the inevitable and, in
this casew, probably considerable equipment changeovers), then we're
looking at at least an eleven-hour marthon.  Woe to those who are still
trying to listen (or perform!) with fresh ears by the end of that sort of
gig!

Also, in response to an earlier post by Matthias, I *definitely* think
that some sort of collaborative bits should be included; for example,
having two or three Echoplex users sync their units up to one another, or
to a common external source, and then have at it.

Now, here are a couple of things I'd like to ask of everyone.

1) What would be the best time for you, both in terms of when in the
upcoming calendar year, and when during the week?  My guess is that a
weekend at some point in the next two or three months is going to be the
best candidate.

2) What are your gear requirements?  Is your rig totally self-contained?
Would you have need or interest in an external/full range system?  List a
rundown of your live performance gear.

3) How long of a set would you be likely to play?  (Try to keep it at
about an hour maximum).

4) Do you have interest in doing a (probably unrehearsed) live
collaboration with another loopist?  (Note: In my opinion, this should
*not* take the place of someone's own set in the program).  If so, what
sort of hardware do you use?

5) What time of day would your preference run to?  If this is a two-day
proposition, would it start in the early afternoon and wrap up before
midnight?  Start in the evening and go until the cows come home?

6) What sort of venue would you like to play?  And for any bay area
residents, what recommendations would you have for specific sights?

Post this to the digest and we'll see if we can approach a consensus.
Also, I'm gonna go over to rec.music.progressive and see if I can get a
hold of Peter Thalen; the Expose team should be very useful.  (If anyone
already knows him, please feel free to tell him about our endeavor.)

It's great to see this thing starting to congeal.  Keep it going,

--Andre