Re: MIDI Loops

> Paolo wrote:
>
> >>I used an Opcode Max patch that had eight delay lines, each of which
> >>pitch-shifted to a different interval and each of which had it's own
> >>"seed" number to multiply with the input MIDI velocity value to produce
> >>a delay time.
>
> Are you having any problems with Max getting bogged down under a heavy
>work
> load?  What kind of Mac are you using?  A friend of mine built an
>808-style
> interface using Max and it doesn't run too smoothly on his PowerBook 5300
> (its not even usable) but it seems to work better on my 7200/120.  I
> imagine having 8 delay lines might cause similar problems.....
>
> - chris

I never had processor overload problems with my setup.  But I think a big
reason is that the GR700 transmits only MIDI note number and MIDI velocity.
Yes, that's _it_. No MIDI pitch bend.

Another possible reason (don't hold me to it, I'm not 100% positive on
this)
is that maybe Max is still not PowerPC native.  At least my copy is not.

Paolo Valladolid