Re: MIDI Loops

Paolo wrote:

>>I used an Opcode Max patch that had eight delay lines, each of which
>>pitch-shifted to a different interval and each of which had it's own
>>"seed" number to multiply with the input MIDI velocity value to produce
>>a delay time.

Are you having any problems with Max getting bogged down under a heavy work
load?  What kind of Mac are you using?  A friend of mine built an 808-style
interface using Max and it doesn't run too smoothly on his PowerBook 5300
(its not even usable) but it seems to work better on my 7200/120.  I
imagine having 8 delay lines might cause similar problems.....

- chris

Chris Chovit
cho@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov