Re: lobbying for upgrades.

>Jon Durant wrote:
>> I don't know what Eventide are dooing loop-wise. I do know tey've got a
>> rediculously priced "guitar" version of the DSP4000, but apparently it
>>doesn't
>> sound so great (from the mouth of DT), and it looks really lame.

Jonatan answered
>Also, a friend at Eventide tell me that they're working on the
>DSP/GTR4500.
>This would have four independent inputs and outputs, stereo looping
>ability
>of up to six (or was it eight) minutes using standard 72 pin simms, and
>too
>many other features to recall.

The one Eventide I repaired here (about three years old) was full of chips.
Like my own old prototypes. You can achieve a lot with this technology, but
never a decent price or a small box.
As long as the equipment is for high end application, this might be the
right way to go. But a cheap thing takes experience of the Alesis kind
really. You may kick them for some honourable reason, but they know how to
build. Like the Japanese. And musicians seem to become more and more
demanding in terms of low prices. When I started playing a LesPaul was like
$2500. And there was a lot of inflation since.

Matthias