Looping; Frisell content

hey all

let's not forget the ever present gear source known as the used market
- there are quite a few older units that loop from over the last 12 or 15
years - i own 4 of 'em - a 2 sec digitech footpedal, an 8 sec digitech
ftpdl (mentioned here as being Frisell's main stage box) , a digitech rack
mounted "time machine 7.6 sec" which loops with modulation,
invertable feedback, trigger & external pitch change control (these are
a stellar find if you can), and finally a korg sdd2000 - these let you
loop
for about 3.5 sec

I know these aren't huge times - but i come up with endless stuff with
these - and there are others  - we have to encourage people to buy
used stuff anyway - we're generally getting screwed on new stuff. How
come every other electronic/electric product has come down in price
relative to other items - EXCEPT FOR musical equipment, huh.
hmmmm. can you spell - 'captive/complacent audience...?'

BTW I saw Frisell with Vernon Reid do a duet with guitars, and lotsa
gear in Dec 95 at Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) It was great -
check out their 1985 album on RYKO... but the point was - Frisell did
use the jam man on stage that night - i've seen him maybe 30 times in
the last 4-5 years and it was the only time he wasn't using the little
digitech box.

peace - andre