Re: lobbying for upgrades.

Mattias:
>Yes. It gave me the feeling that we could do it much better.  :-)
>But then Oberheim...
>A friend had some great ideas to explain graphically what happens. One day
>we will do it, you'll see. And maybe together instead of beeing
>competidors.

You know, if they didn't cost so damn much money, and take so much time to
put
together, I'd say "Let's do it!". It would be immensely helpful to people,
regardless of their chosen Looping device. Not to mention that it would
get a
certain monkey off my back. (Clearly I'm really embarrassed by that video!)

Mattias again:
>So lets walk into these shops and start talking about looping and shows
>>and...

Another excellent idea. If we start bombarding the shops about looping,
you'd be
amazed at the change we could effect. Unfortunately, most of us already
own a
device, but we could still go in asking about upgrades, talking up how the
device has changed our lives, etc. They might even listen if a few people
start
doing this.

More Mattias
>Yes. And I want to participate on that Alesis product!

Seriously, Mattias: as much as it pains me to say this, it may just be the
answer. They've got gobs of money to throw at R&D, and so much work is
already
done. Maybe you should approach them. It wouldn't be a stretch for them,
and
they always love an opportunity to show up Lexicon.

One thing I do know: don't waste time at Digitech--they spent a lot of time
laughing at their co-Harman company (Lexicon) after the box flopped. Early
on
itwas all "Great box, cool idea" and in their demos at shows they even
tried to
demo some looping (about 1.5 sec) in the GSP 2101. Then JamMan didn't
sell, and
it was all "what a stupid idea. Nobody wants that". Nice guys.

>2. Making do with the delay effects that do not enjoy a comparable feature
>set (i.e., delay pedals, delays built into multieffects devices).
>3. Paying major $$$ for a tc electronics, Eventide, or other high-end
>looping box that does have the desirable features but also induces sticker
>shock.

I don't know what Eventide are dooing loop-wise. I do know tey've got a
rediculously priced "guitar" version of the DSP4000, but apparently it
doesn't
sound so great (from the mouth of DT), and it looks really lame. Like a
bad ART
box. Really. TC Electronics does have the 2290, the preferred delay device
of
mssrs. Fripp and Gunn. Cool box, very expensve. I went to a "private"
customer
show of upgrades to the M500 (I had gotten on their mailing list with
Alchemy
Records, while I still worked for Lexicon), and they were giving away a
2290. So
I went, hoping to win the beast, but the local representative recognized
me and
kicked me out. They were showing the upgrades to consumers, yet they
claimed it
was "confidential" and we Lex guys had to leave. Nice guys.

Yeah, OK, I know it's another long one. Sorry.