Re: How about a Loopers-Delight CD?

>> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/hop.htm
>> HOP is more interesting for animations though. I'll use it to do a live
>> fractal lightshow (using a video beamer and live PC) for a concert this
>> saturday. Anyone in the Cologne, Germany area is invited to come! <g>

>  How was it?

people generally like it but I'm growing more critical of it - it is very
difficult to find abstract animations which fit the music played -
sometimes
it works but sometimes it doesn't and then doing it anyway is too arbitrary
to be really satisfying. I'm still dreaming to do a solo project with my
own
music and my own images, but I'm still far from this point.

Computers will eventually be able to successfully do this thing - produce
live visuals for music played by humans or played by software or both.

Generative music (in the Eno sense) accompanied by generative visuals,
maybe
with genetic algorithms which could be influenced by the audience (as in
the
computer graphics installations of Karl Sims who uses a Connection
Machine).
Concerts possibly without musicians, the music being played by the audience
itself, starting out from initial conditions set by a composer, and
evolving
like a living being.

-Michael