Re: Mixers

>Is anybody out there using 1 or 2 space rack mount line level mixers?
>What
>do you think of what you have and what should I look into?  Right now I
>have
>a patchbay and a Rane SM-26(?) - an 8 line mixer with no effects sends.
>After reading about DT's setup I am considering the possibilities of
>having
>effects sends in a mixer, rather than through the use of a patchbay.
>
>Any thoughts?

I am using the old Alesis 1622 mixer with my setup and I don't know what I
would do without it.  The mixer becomes the heart of all signal routing and
frankly in an instrument all by itself.  Sonic development requires it for
me.  I need the kind of routing it has to be able to use some of an effect
and be able to switch on the fly to something else ... especially when
playing live.

Paul