Re: loop manufacturers

>How many are on this list and could we send emails as a group to both
>companies so that we might at least create create some kind of stir?
>
>Paul

There are about 60 on the list so far. Probably a lot more out there that
would be interested that haven't heard about it yet.

Sending email or complaining to Oberheim is sort of like trying to get a
bill passed in the legislature by sending letters to your local dogcatcher.
No matter how much they might want to help, they don't have the power to do
so because they are just a tiny division in a much larger company.

Your message has a much better chance of visibility by going through
Gibson's customer support channels. The phone is 1-800-4GIBSON. They have a
public customer relations email list, where you could raise all sorts of
hell, at:

 gibson-custrel@gibson.com

I think you join it by emailing gibson-custrel-request@gibson.com with
"subscribe gibson-custrel" in the subject.

Bear in mind, too, if you just complain a lot and generally behave
negatively, they will probably just say its not worth the trouble and kill
the whole thing. What really needs to happen is the powers that be at
Gibson need to be convinced that things like the echoplex are of interest
and that they should put more effort into support and development.
Basically, if you can convince them that there is a large untapped market
for it, their interest will go up. Lots of positive customer feedback and a
general increase in inquiries will do that. (Echoplex sales, by the way,
took a nice jump just because Mr. Torn mentioned it favorably in Guitar
Player.)

You can try Oberheim, 510-635-9633. You can harass Mike Lyon at Oberheim
even more than he already is at mlyon@gibson.com.

kim