Re: Okay, let's get philosophical: Performance Theory time

Dave Trenkel said:
>It hasn't worked very well
>for looping grooves or bass lines to solo over, because without really
>great monitoring, virtually non-existant in the alt-rock clubs and
>galleries we play, our drummer can't stay in sync with the loops.

Does that mean you use a separate system for bass and loop, or does the
drummer not hear the direct bass either and you play along with him?
Or can he *feel* your groove, when you play it, but not when it comes from
the loop?

I am interested in that because it should work somehow. We talk a lot about
dedicated loop music, but the tecnology should also serve as an aid for any
music.

Matthias