live performance thread

********Andre's questions are all excellent*********

I've had the same reaction (the guitar that plays itself) and
laughter...but
I actually ENJOY setting the guitar down on it's stand and then walking OUT
OF THE ROOM with the piece still going.

All this can do is make people THINK. (one hopes).  and indeed the comment
about Fripp entering one or two notes into his loop and then just turning
knobs is totally true, i've seen him do this several times.  i personally
don't mind, as long as the loop is interesting.

some loops require a lot of input, but sometimes it's just as appropriate
make an 8 or ten second loop, with one or two quick overdubs...and then
listen to it for twenty minutes.  or change the "room" it's in...

from now on, my plan for performance is to be as much as possible totally
on
the fly.  i will in no way worry that "visually" i might be viewed as just
turning knobs or "fiddling", but will concern myself with what's
appropriate
for the loop at hand.  i'm also considering no rehearsing whatsoever, as a
test to the nature of total improvisation.  the most structure i might
input
would be a few sound samples from CDs to provide sonic variance from the
ebow and synth.  that would be about it.

IMO, i find it interesting to SEE music created in a very non-traditional
fashion.  and in the end, SOUND is what music is about.

i never worry about what the neighbours think.  perhaps if enough of us
play
these "magic" guitars people will get used to the visual aspect.

dave at 17
173451681734516817345168173451681734516817345168

*               *  *  *  *  *    You can't teach ducks to dance...
*                          *         (Mr. Blint, Consequences/Godley &
Creme)

visit: http:www.adnc.com/web/ambient/index.html
seventeen: the ambient music page

173451681734516817345168173451681734516817345168