Re: Bug or Feature -- anyone else experience this?

>On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 SayAaahh@aol.com wrote:
>
>> The trouble is when I bring in the note quietly, my Echoplex -- while
>passing
>> the sound to my amp -- waits until there is enough gain to RECORD it so
>the
>> beginning of the sound seems to be clipped-off.

Andre replied:
>I've run into this too.  I *always* use the trigger-record method; I
>can't remember the last time I didn't have it engaged.  And I too use a
>lot of volume-swell/post-Holdsworth/Torn/Rypdal/(insert name here)
>effects in my loops; I also noticed that the very earliest parts of this
>fade-in were lost in the recording.  I had previsouly assumed that this
>was symptomatic of the threshold record feature, but given what you've
>said, as well as the recent revelation with the noise gate, I think it's
>another side-effect of the internal noise reduction system, which I don't
>believe can be easily sidestepped with the original software.  You might
>try compressing the signal...
>
>--Andre

In your case, Andre, it probably is an effect of the threshold parameter.
The amplitude necessary to start recording, which this parameter sets, will
be significantly higher than the noisegate threshold. Using Volume swells
with the recording threshold will most definitely result in the beginning
getting clipped.

kim