Re: polyrhythm

Dave Stagner wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Rob Martino wrote:
>
> > Is polyrhythmic looping something we might see soon on a future version
> > of the Echoplex or other device?  The possibilities sound fascinating,
> > but I couldn't really afford multiple Echoplexi to do it  (I'm still
> > on the verge of just buying my first one!)
> >
> > Rob Martino
>
> I don't know about the Echoplex, but you could probably do some short
> polyrhythmic looping with the Vortex.  Depends on what sort of
> "polyrhythm" you're trying to get.

King Crimson "Discipline" sort of stuff.  Record a phrase in 7/4, then
overdub a phrase in 4/4 or 3/4, so you get a continual shifting effect.
Like someone just mentioned, I guess the best solution for now is to
record each phrase until they converge. In the 7/4 and 4/4 case, I guess
that would be 28 beats, if I'm picturing this correctly.

Rob Martino