PLEX OWNERS: I need your help...

All right, folks, I'd like to try an experiment, and I could use the help
of every Echoplex user out there.

For those of you fortunate enough to have evaded the last couple of posts
from me, there seems to be a problem in my Plex with very soft signals
being suddenly and rather blatantly cut off.  Now, I've never noticed this
anomaly before, but it *is* possible that it's been there all along and
I've never noticed it before.

So I'd like to ask any of those of you out there who are willing to do me
a tremendous favor by trying the following experiment with your echoplex:

1) Plug a guitar directly into the Plex, then run the Plex directly
into a monitor system/amp/mixer.  Nothing else before or after in the
signal chain.

2) Play one note, and let it decay for as long as possible.  When you
can't hear the note any longer, cloe the loop and begin the playback.

3) Listen very closely to the decay of the note.  Does it sound just as
it was originally played, or is there a sudden drastic cutoff in sound
when the decay of the note reaches a cetain point?

with my unit, or if in fact Mr. Flint is correct in his assessment that
my unit is in fact unscathed.

Any response to this query will be quite useful to me, so many thanks in
advance.  Sorry to keep clogging the bandwidth with my mid-residency
crisis,

--Andre