Andre's Plex Problem -- Latest Chapter

> Hi Andre-
>
> Having a good day, are we?

HOOOO boy...   :-/

> But really, the
> difference would be quite subtle. If you are actually noticing audio
> dropouts from the gate as much as you seem to be, I think we've got a
>case
> of incorrect input/output gain settings.

The dropouts are pretty un-subtle.  One of the first things I did was to
check the input level knob; even when it was brought up to the point
where the initial note attack was producing mild digital clipping, I
noticed this newfound anomaly, which again is a complete and very sudden
dropout of the signal when it dips below a certain point.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense; the reason I'm inclined to doubt
that it's accurate in this case is twofold: 1) It's a very obvious, very
noticable dropout, the likes of which I've never heard before, and 2)
I've done quite a bit of very direct looping, with no compressor and no
outbord processing, and have never noticed this before.  I feel rather
certain that if it were a simple case of having the input volume level
set too low, I would have encountered this effect prior to now.

> Give it a try, and let me know how its going. You've got my number,
> obviously.....:-)

I shall try it one more time for the sheer joy of it, but I think
something got jarred during the short but potent plummet that the thing
took.  If you can refer me to anyone at Oberheim or elsewhere who I
should send the thing to for repair, I'd be much appreciative.  Right now
it looks like I'll be rescheduling the recital, unless I can find a very
fast remedy to the problem.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help.  Please assume that your
diagnosis, though well-grounded, seems to be incorrct in this instance,
and let me know how to proceed from here.

Thanks again (and no more phone calls, I promise ;} ),

--Andre