PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCEMENT: Andre LaFosse BFA recital

Hello loopists, synthesists, and others; here's an upcoming gig which you
may be interested in.

I'll be staging a solo performance at the end of this month (Wednesday,
October 30, to be exact) which some of you may be interested in.  The show
will be my mid-residence guitar recital at the California Institute of the
Arts, located at the northern edge of the LA Sprawl in Valencia,
California.  I'd like to invite anyone in the Southern California area (or
anyone else who's into a bit of travelling) to attend.

The recital will be a completely solo endeavor, utilizing striaght
unprocessed guitar, loops via an Oberheim Echoplex and Lexicon Vortex
arrangement, and guitar synth work triggered via a combination of Roland
GR-50 and Korg O3R/W sounds (nearly all of which are self-programmed or
modified).  The show will be staged in a five-way pentaphonic speaker
system, with loops driving one stereo pair, synths driving a second stereo
pair, and the unaffected guitar accounting for the fifth point in the
sound field.  The audience will be situated surrounding me in a
semi-circular arrangement, with the speakers surrounding the audience and
myself.

The material will run the gamut from wholly improvised to wholly
pre-composed and from placidly tonal to gratingly noisy, with most of the
music falling somewhere in between those extremes.  It'll be an
opportunity for me to see how far I can take real-time processing of the
guitar in a live performance setting, and also a fairly rare chance to
experiment with a heavily-immersive sound environment for myself and the
audience.

If anyone is interested in attending, please contact me via E-mail so that
I can provide more exact directions to the school and the performance
hall.  Also, since Cal Arts is a small school, security generally runs a
manned post at the main gate during evening hours, so I may need to leave
a list of visiting individuals with security to ensure that access can be
granted.

The recital, again, is at 8:00 PM on Wednesday, October 30.  Anyone
interested in checking out the show, or finding out more about the
school, is more than welcome to attend.

Many thanks,

--Andre LaFosse