Memory upgrades

Greetings loopsters,

I have a technical question for the Oberheim-EDP savy among us.

I have just taken delivery of a spankin' new pair of Obies and want to
upgrade to the maximum amount of memory ASAP before I enshrine them in my
rack. The mannual says it'll take either Mac or PC 30-pin SIMMs. Other
"reliable" sources have told me that only Mac compatible SIMMS will do.
Which
is it?

I have been looking around for the best prices on RAM. Some of the best
deals
I've found come from independent computer techs. These guys offer a
dizzying
array of stuff, and spout all sorts of unfamiliar terms like: parity or
non-parity, mag+BP 4x3-6, 9 chip 4x9-7, etc, etc, etc.

Being a Mac-only kind of guy (and usually buying only from the normal
"MacMall" type catalogs) it's a new, and to be quite honest, kinda
confusing
area for me. To get the best price, I'm inclined to go with one of these
guys
(who happens to be a friend of a friend). But, I know that if I order
wrong,
it's unlikely that he'll let me return it (30-pin SIMMs are becoming passe
guess). Is there anybody out there who knows the EDP and is also SIMM savy
enough to help me sort this out authoratively?

Thanks loads
Ted Killian