Re: Amplification

>        I would love to be proven wrong about this, but you should realise
>that I
>tried talking myself into exactly that position for almost 20 years. I am
>not an
>anti-transistor luddite who refused to even consider the possibility you
>mention. In fact I use a digital reverb-delay as a supplement to the tube
>sound,
>to get both digital brittleness and tube warmth. Part of it maybe that the
>stick, not having a body, needs that extra tube tone.

This is really interesting, since the stick is usually rather disconnected
from this sound tradition, but... I would like to hear it.
It will be nice when the net will be fast enough so we can attach sound
files...

>There may be something to your comment about my being connected to the
>sixties. When I first played my stick through a fender twin, I realised
>that I
>hadn't heard that sound since I gave up playing guitar 22 years ago, and
>that I
>had not sounded that good since. (My original Fender twin was
>accidentally set
>on fire by a Hendrix clone friend of mine who wrapped tin foil around the
>fuse
>after it blew out)

What a karma...

>        All of of these choices are highly individual, though. I'm not
>trying to
>convert anybody, just to add my voice to the multitude

Sure, all is valid, and in the end all that counts is that you love your
sound and can express what you want!

Matthias