Re: Echolplex problems

Kim,

>the answer here is to use midi clock for syncing. It does work in the
>current shipping version, although the upgrade that is not yet shipping
>has
>made huge improvements in this area.

Does this only work for loops that are already recorded, or can I use the
MIDI clock to create new loops that sync with the sequencer, as well?

>Is one or all of your units pretty old? I think the first 50-100 were
>really prone to this. New ones are less so. Shortly before I quit g-wiz I
>came up with a design improvement that totally solves these problems. I'm
>pretty sure it is not part of the current fab. Its a bit more complicated
>than a resistor swap, but I'd be happy to explain it. Just promise you
>won't all electrocute yourselves!

Yes, the units were purchased soon after they came out.  Please send the
procedure when you get a chance.  Oberheim has my units right now, anyways,
so there's no hurry...Thanks!

- Chris

Chris Chovit
cho@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov